The Data Analyst / Engineer will take responsibility for managing our master data set, developing reports, and troubleshooting data issues. To do well in this role you need a very fine eye for detail, experience as a data analyst, and deep understanding of the popular data analysis tools and databases.
The Data Analyst / Engineer will take responsibility for managing our master data set, developing reports, and troubleshooting data issues. To do well in this role you need a very fine eye for detail, experience as a data analyst, and deep understanding of the popular data analysis tools and databases. The Data Analyst should be highly skilled in all aspects of data analytics, including mining, generation, and visualisation. Additionally, you should be committed to transforming data into readable, goal-driven reports for continued innovation and growth.
- Work closely with business owners to understand and maintain focus on their analytical needs, including identifying critical metrics and KPIs, and deliver actionable insights to relevant decision-makers
- Proactively analyse data to answer key questions from stakeholders or out of self-initiated curiosity with an eye for what drives business performance, investigating and communicating areas for improvement in efficiency and productivity
- Create and maintain rich interactive visualisations through data interpretation and analysis integrating various reporting components from multiple data sources
- Define and implement data acquisition and integration logic, selecting the appropriate combination of methods and tools within defined technology stack to ensure optimal scalability and performance of the solution
- Develop and maintain databases by acquiring data from primary and secondary sources, and build scripts that will make our data evaluation process more flexible or scalable across data sets
- Experience with advanced analytics tools for Object-oriented/object function scripting using languages such as [R, Python, Java, C++, Scala, others]
- Experience with popular database programming languages including SQL, PL/SQL, others for relational databases and knowledge and/or certifications on upcoming NoSQL/Hadoop oriented databases like MongoDB, Cassandra, others for nonrelational databases
- Knowledge and/or experience in working with SQL on Hadoop tools and technologies including HIVE, Impala, Presto, others from an open source perspective and Hortonworks Data Flow (HDF), Informatica, Talend, others from a commercial vendor perspective.
- Strong experience working with popular data discovery, analytics and BI software tools like Tableau, Qlik, PowerBI and others for semantic-layer-based data discovery
• A bachelor’s degree in computer science, statistics, applied mathematics, data management, information systems, information science or a related quantitative field
• 3+ years of experience in data mining as a data analyst
• Proven analytic skills, including mining, evaluation, analysis, and visualisation
• Technical writing experience in relevant areas, including queries, reports, and presentations