The Data Analyst will take responsibility for developing reports, and troubleshooting data issues. To do well in this role you need a very fine eye for detail, experience as a data analyst, and deep understanding of the popular data analysis tools and databases. The Data Analyst should be highly skilled in all aspects of data analytics, including mining, generation, and visualisation.
The Data Analyst will take responsibility for developing reports, and troubleshooting data issues. To do well in this role you need a very fine eye for detail, experience as a data analyst, and deep understanding of the popular data analysis tools and databases. The Data Analyst should be highly skilled in all aspects of data analytics, including mining, generation, and visualisation. Additionally, you should be committed to transforming data into readable, goal-driven reports for continued innovation and growth.
- Tasks / Responsibilities
Develop, implement, and maintain leading-edge analytic systems, taking complicated problems and building simple frameworks. Identify trends and opportunities for growth through analysis of complex data sets
- Use statistical methods to analyse data and generate useful business reports. Work with departmental managers to outline the specific data needs. Evaluate organisational methods and provide source-to-target mappings and information-model specification documents for data sets. Create best-practice reports based on data mining, analysis, and visualisation
- Work directly with management and users to gather requirements, provide status updates, and build relationships
- Technical Knowledge and Skills
Work closely with business owners to understand and maintain focus on their analytical needs, including identifying critical metrics and KPIs, and deliver actionable insights to relevant decision-makers
- Proactively analyse data to answer key questions from stakeholders or out of self-initiated curiosity with an eye for what drives business performance, investigating and communicating areas for improvement in efficiency and productivity
- Create and maintain rich interactive visualisations through data interpretation and analysis integrating various reporting components from multiple data sources. Define and implement data acquisition and integration logic, selecting the appropriate combination of methods and tools within defined technology stack to ensure optimal scalability and performance of the solution
- Develop and maintain databases by acquiring data from primary and secondary sources, and build scripts that will make our data evaluation process more flexible or scalable across data sets.Managing and designing the reporting environment, including data sources, security, and metadata.
- Supporting data warehouse(s) in identifying and revising reporting requirements.
- Providing technical expertise in data storage structures, data mining, and data cleansing
- Experience with advanced analytics tools for Object-oriented/object function scripting using languages such as [R, Python, Java, C++, Scala, others]
- Experience with popular database programming languages including SQL, PL/SQL, others for relational databases and knowledge and/or certifications on upcoming NoSQL/Hadoop oriented databases like MongoDB, Cassandra, others for nonrelational databases
- Knowledge and/or experience in working with SQL on Hadoop tools and technologies including HIVE, Impala, Presto, others from an open source perspective and Hortonworks Data Flow (HDF), Dremio, Informatica, Talend, others from a commercial vendor perspective
- Strong experience working with popular data discovery, analytics and BI software tools like Tableau, Qlik, PowerBI and others for semantic-layer-based data discovery
- Other Qualifications
In addition to the basic qualifications listed above, the following other position qualifications are required:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with an aptitude for problem-solving
Must be able to independently resolve issues and efficiently self-direct work activities based on the ability to capture, organize, and analyse information
- Experience delivering solutions that align with business strategies
- Experience troubleshooting complicated issues across multiple systems and driving to solutions
- Experience supporting resources performing user acceptance, regression and other required system tests, ensuring that system and/or related integration issues that arise are identified, researched and closed in a timely manner
- Experience providing technical solutions to non-technical individuals
- Demonstrated team building skills
- Ability to deal with internal employees and external business contacts while conveying a positive, service-oriented attitude