The Data Engineer will work as a strategic part of a data software development team to design, enhance, and support data pipelines, data quality tools, data APIs, data-driven product features, and data-related software applications.
Key elements of the role:
- Design, develop, and maintain software capabilities that will provide or improve management, accessibility, security, or accuracy of connected product data.
- Contribute to data framework by influencing cloud big data infrastructure, agile delivery methodologies, automation test processes, documentation strategies, and digital capabilities roadmap.
- Collaborate directly with data architects, product engineers, R&D developers, data scientists, and digital business owners to develop use cases, demo capabilities, test deliverables, and invent cool new data capabilities.
- Create user-facing tools and proof of concept implementations to promote use and understanding of our data.
- Ability to build scalable and performant data models
- Possesses strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, programming languages, distributed systems, and information retrieval
- Experience with agile development processes
- Execution focused – knows how to get things done
- Possesses a keen analytical mind with attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to present technical and non-technical information to various audiences
- Excellent organisation and prioritisation skills with strong ability to multitask and switch focus as necessary to meet deadlines and/or with the change in priorities
- Experience working with large data sets and deriving insights from data using various BI and data analytics tools
- Ability to think outside of the box to solve complex business problems
- 3+ years working in software development across Python, Java, Scala, Shell, etc
- Experience building microservice architectures, data pipelines, or processing frameworks
- Hands-on experience using, developing, and maintaining REST APIs
- Experience writing automated tests to ensure the quality of your software components
- Comfortable designing, developing, testing, and operating what you build
- Data processing on one or more cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, etc)
- Familiarity with privacy and security development best practices
If you have made a positive commitment to further your career and you possess the above attributes then please apply to this role, if you require further information on this then please contact DATA TALENT on 1300 763 895 for a confidential chat.
Data Talent is exclusively focused on Data Analytics, Insights & Data Engineering Recruitment across Australia. We are committed to your personal and professional career development.